Meet Associate Member: Toromont
Describe your business, your clients and the products/services you provide.
A division of Toromont Industries Ltd. (TSE: TIH), TMH is a complete material handling solutions provider. Our products and services include:
- The industry’s most comprehensive catalogue of industry leading material handling equipment
- Used & refurbished material handling equipment
- Automation equipment, support & related software
- Parts & service for any brand forklift nationwide
- Short & long term equipment rentals
- Fleet management services
- Racking & storage
We seek to be strategic partners with our clients, helping to meet their organizational goals through learning and understanding their businesses.
Describe how your business benefits the red meat industry.
The meat industry spends significant resources on the movement and storage of its products. Toromont joined CMC to educate its members on material handling best practices and emerging technologies that can:
- Improve safety
- Extend equipment lifespan
- Reduce operational costs
- Increase productivity, throughput and/or storage capacity
- Decrease the environmental impact of material handling operations
- Free up resources being used to manage fleets of equipment
The meat industry is an important driver of the Canadian economy and a producer of the highest quality globally. A healthy and successful meat sector is good for Canada.
What innovative new products/services are you working on?
Semi and Fully Automated Material Handling Equipment
TMH represents two of the world leaders in lift truck automation in Jungheinrich and Rocla. Through our organization we have the experience, cutting edge technologies, multitude of solutions, and the means of execution that are critical to the success of an AGV or semi-automated project.
Material Handling Fleet Solutions
We are continuously improving and adding to our catalogue of fleet solutions to help our clients spend less time and resources managing their fleet and more time doing what they do best. Our nationwide services that can be accessed from any Canadian location include:
- Consolidated Billing
- Fleet Management Solutions
- Battery & Energy Solutions
- Online Parts Store with customized customer pricing
- Service Dispatch Mobile Application
- Racking & Storage Design & Build Services
Tell us about your people. What sets them apart from your competition?
Toromont is a diverse and inclusive organization of passionate people that lives by its core values:
- Safe and Respectful Workplace
- Social Responsibility
- Uncompromising Integrity
- Empowerment at All Levels
- Growth of the Individual and the Enterprise
- Returns to All Stakeholders
The experts at Toromont Material Handling have many years of experience and the might of Toromont Industries behind it. We have a team specifically assigned to the Food & Beverage Industry that will work to learn how your business operates at all levels with a strong focus on your goals as an organization.
Matthew Goren – Major Account Manager, Food & Beverage