CMC is committed to strong membership value. Your company will benefit from a wide range of services provided by a professional staff with significant experience and expertise in advocacy, solving problems, building relationships, and finding solutions for some of the industry’s largest issues. We support and advocate for your business and your business issues.
Which member category does your company belong to?
REGULAR MEMBERSMeat packers and processors operating plants
registered under Canada’s Meat Inspection
Act and Meat Inspection Regulations.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSA firm that supplies goods and services to the Regular
Members such as ingredients, casings, packaging,
equipment, trading services, sanitation supplies,
consultants and financial institutions.
RETAIL AND FOOD SERVICE MEMBERSA firm with significant business interest in
the operation of a retail or food service business that
sells meat products produced at a Regular
WHAT WE OFFER
As stakeholders in this valuable industry, we share a common goal – to make sure the meat industry continues to thrive and grow and continues to be THE BEST industry to work for in Canada.
CMC works together in partnership with several aligned farming, food and trade associations in Canada and the US to advocate for the needs of its members to secure and improve Canada’s global meat competitiveness and domestic growth.
CMC Questions the Status Quo
- We challenge the government to ensure consistency in the delivery and interpretation of regulations across Canada
- We are creative in solving issues – leaving no stone unturned and no road not taken to find solutions to your problems
CMC Builds Partnerships, not just relationships
- We have strong relationships, influence and impact with senior leaders of government departments and a strong presence on Parliament Hill, with MPs, Ministers, and their staff
- We will lead when it makes sense, and align with other industry associations but will not cede our voice
CMC Provides Opportunities for Member engagement and networking
- We have several events throughout the year to bring members together – webinars, regional meetings with CFIA across Canada, workshops, technical meetings, social networking events, and a very well attended, top notch annual conference
- We represent your interests on a variety of industry committees and working groups
CMC is a Unified, Singular Industry Voice
- We speak on your behalf at Senate and House of Commons committees
- We tell your story and highlight issues with media and we represent you on the ground, offering real time support during trade missions
COME MEAT WITH US
COME MEAT WITH US
Contact us today to get more information on how to become a Member and to receive an application form. Our team would be happy to chat with you one on one to ensure we meet your needs.
Vice-President, Public Affairs & Communications
613.729.3911 ext. 26