CMC’s news release on federal funding – click here for news release (May 5, 2020)
CMC is working closely with the industry, stakeholders and the Government of Canada to ensure Canadians can find meat on the shelves of their local stores and for our industry to maintain our export demand to feed the rest of the world.
- There are no reports or evidence to support the transmission of Covid-19 associated with food or food packaging.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has issued precautionary recommendations including advice on the need to continue to follow good hygiene practices during food handling and preparation, such as washing hands, cooking meat thoroughly and avoiding potential cross-contamination between cooked and uncooked foods.
- All cattle and producer information, please visit CCA website
- For all pork producer information, please visit CPC website
- Canada Beef has produced a Covid-19 Training Video (CMC Sponsored)
- Canadian Agricultural Human Resources Council website – info on supporting agricultural operations
- U.S. Department of Transportation Emergency Declaration Concerning Shipment of Critical Goods During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Food Safety and COVID-19(Fact sheet for Consumers)
- Food Safety Essentials(For the home and to safeguard the meat supply)
- Canada Beef Resources for Retailers
- Canada Beef Resources for Foodservice