As stakeholders in this valuable industry, we share a common goal – to make sure the meat industry continues to thrive and grow and continues to be the best industry to work for in Canada.
CMC works in partnership with aligned farming, food and trade associations in Canada and the U.S. to advocate for the needs of its members to secure and improve Canada’s global meat competitiveness and domestic growth.
CMC Questions the Status Quo
- We challenge the government to ensure consistency in the delivery and interpretation of regulations across Canada.
- We are creative in solving issues – leaving no stone unturned and no road not taken to find solutions to your problems
CMC Builds Partnerships
- We have robust relationships with senior leaders of government departments and a strong presence on Parliament Hill that can influence and impact decisions.
- We represent member interests on a variety of industry committees and working groups.
CMC Provides Opportunities for Member engagement and networking
- We offer events throughout the year to bring members together. These include webinars, regional meetings with CFIA across Canada, workshops, technical meetings, social networking events, and a well-attended, prestigious annual conference.
CMC is a Unified, Singular Industry Voice
- We speak on the behalf of members at Senate and House of Commons committees.
- We tell our members’ story and highlight issues with media. We represent members on the ground, offering real time support during trade missions.